Hello Class!



Today let's talk about creating avatars. I decided to create my own avatar using "Voki". First of all, I registered myself following just a few simple steps: writing my email, choosing a password and then activating my user. Once I finished the registration process I choose a character for my avatar and I change some features such the color of her skin, the length of her hair and also I put some ornaments to my avatar such glasses and then I changed her clothes. After I've tuned my artifact, I recorded a short welcome message with my voice. Finally, I added a wallpaper related to the character that I've created. So, I chose a picture from the"Banco de Imagenes y Sonidos"  and I couldn't believe because now I have a second Me!
And the result was absolutely brilliant!!!


Nickname: Sil.
Gender: Female.
Occupation: English Teacher.
Age: I am in my 20's
Languages: Spanish, fluent in English and Italian. Currently improving my Portuguese.
About me: I am a nice person who easily gets along with other people. Eager to know more about other cultures.
Hobbies: Listening to music, going to gigs, travelling, learning languages.
Interests: I like meeting new people, learning other languages, practicing some sports.
Countries I have lived In: Spain, Italy, England.



https://www.voki.com/site/pickup?scid=14678553&chsm=f765aada37dd30d2da6aabe923b1b578#.WncByu9weY4.twitter



"Avatars" are an awesome tool in order to create a digital story adding pictures and music or recording messages. As teachers, we can develop innovative lessons using avatars but always keeping in mind that we have to protect our identity and personal details. We have to be aware of privacy issues when we are working with the ICT' tools. Mainly, protecting our pupils' privacy due to we usually work with underage students.
Here there is a list of some awesome sites to create your own avatar!
I dare you to use one of these sites and create your own artifact!
Now its time to "Hit the hay"
See you soon!😊
Silvana.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to our Book Race!

Tim's Adventures and Comic Adventures!

Channel 4 Project!