Welcome to our Book Race!


Hello folks!

I've been away for a while! I enjoyed the Spring Break but finally I'm back! 
In this new entry , I want to show you an astonishing resource for our CLIL Lessons : Podcasting!!!

Podcasting in the classroom is the latest trend because it stimulates learning through creative means. Some of the benefits are :
  • Creative learning.
  • Learning on the go, with podcasting learning is no longer a sedentary activity.
  • We can have an online archive of lessons.
  • Easy an accessible.
One of my collegues and myself decided to create a new project based on podcasting. The first step to create a project is to think about an attractive topic and also to think about a trending name. The name of our project is  "Book Race!"  and its main aim is to promote reading not only in the classroom but also outside the school. 

But before starting any project we have to adapt it  according to the age of the pupils and also make sure about the sudents' safety  because  we are working with underage students so their privacy always comes first. 

With the development of the project all the students will be able to speak about their favourite books and also they are going  to interview the teachers.  If you are truly interested in the project you can take a look to the description and the activities here in this cool  Google doc.



The second step, is to open an   Educational Channel . So, I opened my Educational Channel in Sound Cloud.



The third step is to create a Playlist  in which every student can upload his/her own podcast related to the project. So, I created my first playlist and I called it ICT.  All "The Book Race Poadcasts" will be there.




Afterwards, you can also create more playlists and adapt them to your Educational Channel. For example: I selected relaxing and motivational music that can create a pleasant atmosphere in the classroom. The name of my second  playlist is Motivation.




Last but not least, you can upload a message or a song to open the online forum of your project. But, always  bear in mind that your channel and your playlist should have a proper license and you should respect the authorship as I've mentioned in my previous posts.

So, we recorded  a "Welcome message" for The Book Race Project! and I attached it into my ICT Playlist. I chose Creative Commons as the license for my creations.  Please do not hesitate, and take a look, you wont regret it!




We are so anxious to start this project with our students, we want to listen their lovely voices and their wonderful opinions about the books they are reading from the Digital Library that we have in the ICT classroom. 

I cannot wait to see your channels and listen to your creations!

See you soon guys!

Silvana 😊😊😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tim's Adventures and Comic Adventures!

Channel 4 Project!